Mary Elizabeth, CERM, CMRW+EE, CARW, MCD, NCOPE, IBDC.D, MQLE.D
Mary Elizabeth Bradford is the Founder and Executive Director of CEOresumewriter.com and a past executive recruiter. A thought leader in the career services industry for over 20 years, she holds 7 distinct advanced certifications for C-suite and board document/resume writing, online branding, executive leadership/mindfulness coaching, and executive/board-level transition coaching (CERM, CMRW+EE, CARW, MCD, NCOPE, IBDC.D, MQLE.D). Her elite team of award-winning, certified, top executive resume writers, former top executive recruiters, and global HR executives help many of the world’s premier C-suite, board members, and thought leaders secure the transitions and compensation packages they want. She resides in the Texas Hill Country, managing a long-standing, global remote team. Together, they serve US and international executive clients across all industries, from small to mid-sized to multinational corporations.
A Note From Mary Elizabeth
My father was a self-made businessman who believed in rolling up his sleeves and getting things done. He told me there was never a day he didn’t want to get up and go to work, that America was the best place on earth, and that anyone could be successful here if they worked hard. He was gracious and taught me everything without giving me a single piece of unsolicited advice. My business, my ability to run it, and my moral compass are all products of God and my dad.
I get to work with the most amazing clients—brilliant leaders and mentors with high emotional intelligence. Connecting with such incredible men and women who have done such exceptional things inspires me and keeps me on a path of growth.
I am constantly amazed and so thankful for my global team, most of whom have worked with me for many years. They are incredibly talented, capable, caring, and genuinely love what they do. I could not do what I do without them. They are highly experienced, responsible, and collaborative and have won more combined awards and certifications than I have. They are my sounding board just as much as I am theirs.
And if you are new to my services, welcome! I am glad you’re here, and I look forward to helping you as I have been so humbled to help and advise other top executives. Mine is a professional business that is run on my personal principles. I am committed to my client’s and my team’s success. Being a part of it is my greatest accomplishment.
Executive Career History
- Founder, CEO, & Executive Director, CEOresumewriter.com (previously maryelizabethbradford.com) 2008–Present
- Built one of the most successful boutique executive resume writing firms in the US, including a 25% international client base.
- 99% client satisfaction rate.
- Lead seasoned and stable high-performance team of highly decorated writers and coaches with a low turnover rate history.
- Senior Outplacement Coach, RLS, 2003–2008
- Rose to status as company’s #1 executive coach.
- Founder & President, The Lynn Group Executive Search Firm, 1997–2003
- A top commercial building industry recruiting firm in the southeast with an impressive client roster including Turner Construction, Kvaerner Construction, BOVIS Lend Lease, Duke Energy, ESA Architects, and Freeman White Architects. Non-building industry clients included Scene 3 Productions.
- Holistic approach to executive job transitions, including contextualizing focus, designing branding and professional resume (or board) documents, and creating C-suite transition strategies.
- Consistent track record of helping clients secure more interviews, bigger titles, and better offers for C-suite and board appointments.
- Deliver crisp, visually attractive, and accurately branded resumes and compelling, optimized LinkedIn profiles that fluidly communicate value points that align with clients’ goals.
- Facilitates introductions to top executive recruiting, private equity, and venture capital firms.
Executive / Board Skills
Work with executives, executive teams, and board members on transition strategies in individual, group, and outplacement capacities.
Industry thought leader and subject matter expert in C-suite and board resume/documents, including LinkedIn profiles, executive and board biographies, professional websites, endorsements, and value proposition statements.
15 years of experience advising C-suite and Board of Director clients on executive transition matters, including strategy, leadership mentoring and performance, interviewing, presentations, compensation, and negotiation. Solid understanding of corporate structures, including private equity.
Core Leadership Traits
Strategic/Activator/Futuristic/Restorative/Input – Leads with Strategic Thinking
DISC Leadership Profile
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality Type
Mediator – caring, creative approach, loyal, positive, considerate, honest
Moderate/High – high empathy/self-aware/strong emotional understanding, integration, and management
- Creating strategic plans for executives to meet their goals
- Building positive and trusting long-term professional relationships
- Authentic approach
- Values-based decision-making
- Resolution-focused problem solving
- Distilling and communicating issues/solutions
- Lifelong learning and self-development
Career Directors International
- Certified Master Resume Writer & Executive Editor (CMRW+EE)
- Certified Executive Resume Master (CERM)
- Certified Executive Resume Writer (CERW)
- Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW)
- Master Career Director (MCD)
National Resume Writers Association
- Nationally Certified Online Profile Expert (NCOPE)
Panels & Committees
- CDI Judging Panel – TORI Awards (2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022)
- CDI Judging Panel – Career Innovator Awards (2020, 2022)
- CDI Advisory Committee (2017)
- CDI Member (2009–Present)
IBDC.D Certification, Pfister Strategy
International Board Competency Designation, MA Pfister Strategy Group, Inc. (2022)
Leadership Certifications & National Community Leadership Programs
Graduate, Orlando Florida Leadership Class of 1997
The International Women Leaders Group, Mindfulness Institute
MQLE.D, Mindfulness Intelligence® Leadership Excellence Certification – Coaching & Leadership Training Program, The Inner Business Institute
FORBES Top 100 Websites for Your Career
4x TORI Nominations, CDI
2X TORI Awards, CDI
Career Innovator Award, CDI
Lifetime Achievement Award, CDI
Other Memberships in Good Standing
Career Thought Leaders Consortium Associate (CTL) (2018–Present)
National Resume Writers Association (NRWA) (2018–Present)
Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches (PARWCC) (2018–Present)
Forbes Coaches Council (2016–Present)
Career Directors International (CDI) (2003–Present)
Affiliate Member, Institute of Coaching, McLean, Affiliate of Harvard Medical School (2022–Present)
Prior Board Committee Appointments
Board Member & Steering Committee Member, Downtown Orlando Partnership (1997)
Special Events Committee Member, House of Mercy, Nashville, TN (2001)
A residential treatment facility focusing on mental health and addiction rehabilitation
Volunteer & Other Program Affiliations
Creator, Host, & Fundraiser, House of Mercy Fundraiser (1999)
Songwriter benefit hosted at The Bluebird Café in Nashville, TN, for The House of Mercy
Academia, Architecture, Banking, Biotech, Building, Commercial, Commercial Building, Engineering, Entertainment, Film, Fintech, Food, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Industrial, Legal, Manufacturing, Non-Profit, PE/VC-Backed, Pharmaceutical, Public & Private, Publishing, Retail, Services, Technology, Transportation, Wholesale…and more.
Industry transitions, including high-ranking military, long job transitions/fired/laid off, management consulting, relocations, repositioning, securing board appointments, significant salary increases, thought leadership, up-leveling or changing titles…and more.
Board Documents Creation (Board “Resumes”), Chief Executive Officer Resumes, Chief Operating Officer Resumes, Chief Financial Officer Resumes, Chief Information Officer Resumes, Chief Technology Officer Resumes, Chief Information Security Officer Resumes, Chief Revenue Officer Resumes, Chief Strategy Officer Resumes, Chief Digital Marketing Officer Resumes, Chief Information Security Officer Resumes, Chief Human Resources Officer Resumes, Chief Compensation Officer Resumes, Vice President Technology Resumes, Vice President Sales Resumes, General Manager Resumes, SVP Operations Resumes, Senior Global Director Resumes and Senior Management Resumes, Senior Military Officer Resumes (transitioning to civilian), General Counsel Resumes…and more. See resume samples here.
Contact us now for a confidential evaluation of your resume and career goals.