Here is a quick recap:
- States with rapid payroll increases include North Dakota, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho and Oregon.
- Residential construction is increasing rapidly in Arizona and Nevada.
- Texas and North Dakota: Oil & Gas is still on the rise.
- Colorado and Utah are experiencing growth in High Technology.
- Oregon: Semiconductor Manufacturing.
- Arizona: Technology.
Interestingly, at the end of the article the author states that the ability to live remotely in more scenic areas is drawing people to the West as well.