LinkedIn is an incredible tool for employers and c-suite job seekers to connect and network. Over 87% of internal and external recruiters are sourcing candidates on LinkedIn, and 92% of those recruiters are sourcing for Fortune 1000 companies.* Whether you are actively searching for your next c-suite position or are passively interested in professional opportunities, you want recruiters to come to you. Having a thoroughly completed c-suite LinkedIn profile is a good first step, but you have to be strategic about the words you use and where you put them in your profile. Here are 5 tips to make your c-suite LinkedIn profile do the hard work for you by speaking your audience’s language:
- Think Big Picture. Decide what types of positions and opportunities you would be interested in pursuing and write your c-suite LinkedIn profile to that audience. If you need help pinpointing a direction to take, check out our Career Power Strategy Sessions.
- Research. You can get a direct look into the language a company uses by reading through their posted job descriptions. Read through many postings for different companies and pay attention to similar terminology, identifying keywords to use in your c-suite LinkedIn profile.
- Get Creative. Using the same words over and over in your c-suite LinkedIn profile can quickly become repetitive and redundant. Focus on a theme you are trying to convey and use different words to communicate that idea.
- Prioritize Sections. The LinkedIn search algorithm prioritizes content in the headline, job titles, and skills. Use these sections to your advantage by entering the most important keywords and making full use of the character allotments.
- Use Common Terms. Use language that will mean the same thing to as many different people as possible, and don’t assume that everyone knows and uses the same abbreviations and acronyms you use. Write out full titles and names if you have the character space and include the acronym in brackets at the end.
If you want more help optimizing your keywords in your c-suite LinkedIn profile, book a complimentary and confidential call with us here. *PRWRA NCOPE Certification Course