For better or worse, COVID has shone a light on many aspects of our daily lives that weren’t previously under the spotlight. Transitioning from the 2020 dumpster fire to 2021’s show of extraordinary resilience, we’re learning to make our way through disruptions in public health, food and supply systems, travel, and the world of work.
Self-reflection often accompanies dramatic life changes. As evidenced by the Great Resignation, millions of people in the US have identified their employment situation as something they are motivated to change, and CEOs are no exception. The number of open c-level positions has skyrocketed, and more CEOs than ever before are making drastic changes to their careers.
From the hiring point of view, priorities have also changed, and organizations are looking for different skillsets to help them navigate the uncertainty of the current world. The good news is that it’s a candidate’s market. It’s time to dust off your CEO resume and make sure you are ready for the new executive recruitment landscape.
Once you’ve read through our recommended Chief Executive Officer characteristics to highlight, take another look and make sure you’re also using the following CEO keywords.
5 CEO Keywords for Your Post-COVID Executive Resume
- Adaptability, Flexibility, & Versatility. There is no doubt that the pandemic has forced everyone to be more adaptable, flexible, and versatile, even though everyone’s experience was different. Describe how you pivoted on short notice while maintaining the ability to make sound, ethical decisions.
- Remote Leadership. Every organization has had to adapt in some way or another to a remote workforce. Show how you have brought teams together and maintained high productivity, comradery, and employee engagement across geographically dispersed employees.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion. DEI and exceptional business results go hand in hand. Demonstrate how you have built a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce and pair your actions with quantifiable results to the bottom line.
- Digital Transformation. No organization was immune to the need to implement new digital technologies when the pandemic hit. Illustrate how you set your organization up for success by assessing and implementing new digital strategies.
- Environmental, Social, & Corporate Governance. Just as employees are re-evaluating their employment situations, consumers are re-evaluating their purchasing practices and demanding ethical ESG practices in companies they purchase from and endorse. Indicate how you have improved your organization’s ESG performance by going beyond financial business factors.
To find out how we can help you prepare for the post-COVID executive recruitment landscape, book a complimentary and confidential call with us here.