Whether you are a seasoned CEO or just embarking on your executive-level career, you have certain innate traits that combine into your unique leadership style. Humans are dynamic creatures, and chances are you will adopt and adapt different styles in different situations, environments, and for different individuals.
There are many books and articles available to read about how to discern one leadership style from another. Learning about the leadership styles and identifying the ones you tend to employ is easy. The hard part is communicating your style to potential employers and business prospects through your career marketing documents. In this article, we will focus on words and ideas you can use to describe and demonstrate the different leadership styles on your CEO resume.
- Top Values: collective decision-making, collaboration, trust, relationships, community
- Top Skills: empathy, active listening, facilitation, authenticity
- Describe: team empowerment and growth, shared success, purpose-driven initiatives
- Top Values: compliance, precision, consistency, predictability, efficiency, structure
- Top Skills: confident and independent decision-making, direct communication, planning
- Describe: results-oriented KPIs and metrics, results vs. targets, business growth, forward momentum
- Top Values: commitment, consensus, employee buy-in and engagement, trust
- Top Skills: decisiveness, encouraging open communication, problem-solving
- Describe: collaborative company culture, employee engagement, creativity, and innovation
- Top Values: clear direction, conviction, task-based accuracy, perfection
- Top Skills: strategic planning, defining expectations, explaining, leading by example
- Describe: long-term direction, foresight, vision casting, inspiring action
- Top Values: intellectual inspiration, team morale, shared vision, curiosity
- Top Skills: big-picture thinking, communication, change management, motivating and inspiring employees
- Describe: before and after, innovation and change initiatives, risk management
To find out how we can help you infuse your CEO resume with your CEO leadership style, book a complimentary and confidential call with us here.
Ready to Work with One of the Best CEO Resume Writers in the Industry?
Mary Elizabeth Bradford is a Certified Executive Resume Master (CERM), Internationally Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW), Certified Master Career Director (MCD) and Certified International Advanced Resume Writer (CARW) and a member of Career Directors International, Career Thought Leaders, The Professional Association of Resume Writers and The National Resume Writers Association.
Mary Elizabeth Bradford and her elite team of award-winning, certified, top executive resume writers and former top executive recruiters and global HR executives help many of the world’s premier CEOs and thought leaders secure the transitions and compensation packages they want.
If you’re interested in learning how I can create a powerful executive resume for you, click here to set up a 15-minute introductory call. I offer several executive resume writing services that also include coaching, as well as LinkedIn optimization, resume distribution, and more. Let me help you create a career package and strategy that work.