One of the benefits of targeting a seat on a board of directors is that it forces you to take a long hard look at your skills and strengths. You can use your board documents to prove that your top skills parallel the needs of a board. Doing so will help boards take you more seriously, and you will have the opportunity to make an even more substantial impact in the areas you excel.
We can help you uncover and highlight your relevant leadership skills to get the attention of board nominating committees. According to the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), boards are specifically prioritizing the following skill sets and expertise in 2022:
- Cybersecurity risk mitigation
- Environmental, social, & governance (ESG) scope & prioritization
- Human capital, specifically talent development and compensation
- Diversity, equity, & inclusion (DE&I) & social justice
- Climate change & its impact on business growth prospects
- Collaborative communication and input from management
To find out how we can help you improve or prepare your board documents, book a complimentary and confidential call with us here.