Hiring trends are changing in the post-COVID era. In this digital transformation age, qualities such as being eager, trainable, and quick to pick up new skills weigh more heavily in hiring decisions and overpowering items like years of experience or a comprehensive list of technological competencies. These are traits of a continuous learner, and organizations who hire them enable organizational agility and adaptability, positioning themselves ahead of their competition.
Chief Digital Officers (CDOs) who prove themselves as individuals who can expand their scope of understanding and expertise on an ongoing basis are coming out ahead of specialists with heavy technical proficiency. Executive leaders, boards, and organizations are specifically seeking out continuous learners – and important quality to highlight on your CDO resume.
Remaining current on the everchanging technology infrastructure, software development, cybersecurity, and data requirements and expectations is imperative to surviving the accelerated digital innovation. But for an organization to thrive, their CDO must also ask questions and think outside the box, generating ideas on how new technologies can be used to gain a competitive advantage and come out ahead.
As challenging as it is for companies to identify continuous learners in candidates, it might even be more challenging for candidates to portray themselves as such during their CxO job transition.
5 Traits to Focus on in Your CDO resume and Executive Interview
- Diverse Experience & Collaboration. Those who have experience working with sub-functions and have collaborated cross-functionally are open to learning and taking on new challenges.
- Mental Dexterity. Those who have earned promotions and have a history of career progression have the desire and ability to better themselves and acquire new capabilities in various contexts.
- Ambition & Intrinsic Motivation. Those who take the initiative to learn, practice, and perfect a new skill or technology aren’t afraid to step out of their comfort zone.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit. Those who are passionate, work hard, practice discipline, take calculated risks, and challenge the status quo can learn from every opportunity, whether success or failure.
- Personal & Professional Growth. Those with a track record of continuing education, participation in professional organizations, thought leadership, and positive testimonials set themselves apart from candidates with fixed mindsets.
To find out how we can demonstrate your capacity as a continuous learner on your CDO resume, book a complimentary and confidential call with us here.
Ready to Work with One of the Best Resume Writers in the Industry?
Mary Elizabeth Bradford is a Certified Executive Resume Master (CERM), Internationally Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW), Certified Master Career Director (MCD) and Certified International Advanced Resume Writer (CARW) and a member of Career Directors International, Career Thought Leaders, The Professional Association of Resume Writers and The National Resume Writers Association.
Mary Elizabeth Bradford and her elite team of award-winning, certified, top executive resume writers and former top executive recruiters and global HR executives help many of the world’s premier CEOs and thought leaders secure the transitions and compensation packages they want.
If you’re interested in learning how I can create a powerful executive resume for you, click here to set up a 15-minute introductory call. I offer several executive resume writing services that also include coaching, as well as LinkedIn optimization, resume distribution, and more. Let me help you create a career package and strategy that work.