Are you frustrated and disappointed with the length of your job transition, the number of phone calls and LinkedIn connection requests you get, or the low quality of career opportunities on your plate? It might be time to enlist the help of a professional executive resume writer.
A speedy and lucrative job transition comprises compelling career marketing documents, stellar executive interview skills, and the right connections and conversations happening at the right time. A professional executive resume writer will kickstart and expedite your job transition by providing valuable expertise supported by a blend of association certifications, memberships, thought leadership, industry experience, and other specialties.
Ask yourself the following questions if you’re not sure if now is the right time for you to engage with a professional resume writer. This professional service is an investment and a decision that requires research, commitment, and follow-through.
When to Consider Hiring an Executive Resume Writer
- Have my career goals changed? The more things you hope to change by finding a new position, the more complex your transition will be. If you are looking to change one or more of your current industry, title, location, and compensation, you may be better off with the help of a professional resume writer.
- How extensive is my network? Many professional resume writers offer resume distribution services to executive recruitment firms and private equity/venture capital firms to fill gaps in candidates’ professional networks. If you feel like you’re missing out on available opportunities because of a lack of professional connections, consider working with a professional resume writer.
- Am I a writer? Writing is not a skill that everyone has. Using proper grammar and syntax is tough enough as it is, without the nuances of “resume speak,” where you stay away from articles and determiners and write in implied first person. Ask a professional if you don’t have the time or technical expertise to put together a professional-looking resume.
- Do I know how to market myself? Take a look at your current resume. Could you replace your name with someone else’s name, and all the information would remain true? Do you feel like you can’t communicate your skills effectively? Professional executive resume writers are marketers; having a third party help you identify and frame your experience in a way that speaks to your target role will position you at the top of the call-back list.
- What is my job transition strategy? Applying for hundreds of jobs online is the least effective way to land your next position. Job transitions are often stressful and tedious and frequently result in burnout. If your self-motivation has waned, ask a professional resume writer for specific targeted activities you can take to speed up your job transition and attract better opportunities.
When you’ve decided that it is time to seek professional executive resume help, you’ll have to choose who you want to work with. To find out how we can help you in your job transition, book a complimentary and confidential call with us here.
Ready to Work with One of the Best Executive Resume Writers in the Industry?
Mary Elizabeth Bradford is a Certified Executive Resume Master (CERM), Internationally Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW), Certified Master Career Director (MCD) and Certified International Advanced Resume Writer (CARW) and a member of Career Directors International, Career Thought Leaders, The Professional Association of Resume Writers and The National Resume Writers Association.
Mary Elizabeth Bradford and her elite team of award-winning, certified, top executive resume writers and former top executive recruiters and global HR executives help many of the world’s premier CEOs and thought leaders secure the transitions and compensation packages they want.
If you’re interested in learning how I can create a powerful executive resume for you, click here to set up a 15-minute introductory call. I offer several executive resume writing services that also include coaching, as well as LinkedIn optimization, resume distribution, and more. Let me help you create a career package and strategy that work.